2008 Northeast Bird Monitoring and Conservation Workshop
The 2008 Northeast Bird Monitoring and Conservation Workshop was held from September 23-25 at the Corinthian Yacht Club of Cape May in Cape May, New Jersey. The meeting's sponsors included: the Northeast Coordinated Bird Monitoring Partnership, Northeast Partners In Flight, New Jersey Audubon Society, and Audubon’s Important Bird Areas Program.
1. Highlight and build upon recent improvements in northeastern bird monitoring
2. Introduce the Avian Knowledge Network’s Northeast Node and gather input for its future development
3. Develop processes and information to support implementation of conservation design in the Northeast
4. Demonstrate how bird monitoring data are being incorporated into the management and conservation of New Jersey birds and their habitats.
5. Discuss how Important Bird Areas can address these and related bird conservation needs
Introducing the Northeast Avian Data Center - Marshall Iliff
State Bird Monitoring Needs - Gwen Brewer
The Northeast Bird Monitoring Handbook – Dan Lambert
NECBM Answering Management and Conservation Questions - Dan Lambert
Northeast Working Group Plenary - Randy DettmersMinutes