is a cooperative effort to align and strengthen bird monitoring programs from Virginia to Maine. Our goals are to:
1. integrate monitoring into bird management and conservation decision-making;
2. broaden the scope of current monitoring for species that are most at risk;
3. coordinate monitoring programs among organizations and integrate them across spatial scales;
4. increase the value of monitoring information by improving survey design, field methods, and data analysis; and
5. maintain bird population monitoring data in modern data management systems.These goals parallel those of the U.S. North American Bird Conservation Initiative Monitoring Subcommittee. On this website, we offer a variety of tools and resources to promote this work and increase the scientific basis for bird conservation in the region.